2005-02-28

Sound of my Soul

You can tell a lot about a person based on their taste in music. Here's your chance to judge me. I sat down a couple of months ago and went through my albums. It was a struggle, but I came up with my 10 favorite discs of all time. These aren't necessarily my current 10 favorite, but over the years, these are the ones. I can't gurantee these will stay my top 10, and I know for sure there are dozens right behind them, but here they are anyway. I'm not going to get all misty about why each of these is a favorite, but some do have more meaning than others. I also don't intend any order here, just that these are the top 10.



* Moby - Everything is Wrong
* DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
* Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman
* UNKLE - Psyence Fiction
* The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust
* DJ John Kelley - funkydesertbreaks2
* Fatboy Slim - On the Floor at the Boutique
* Stereo MC's - Connected
* BT - ESCM
* The Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation

What does your soul sound like?

4 comments:

Jason said...

First, you now feel my pain of blogger no handling images gracefully.

Next, you're braver than I. I'm not really sure I can pick my top 10 of all time. Maybe I'll have to think about it a bit.

---ryan said...

Yes, the column width does suck. I took a quick look and wanted to modify the template, but didn't really see anything jump out as to why it won't expand to fill that silly left area.

-- I said...

There's likely a div with a fixed width. I hate that.

Shannon said...

Hmmmm what does my musical soul look like? That's tough but here are some of my top favorites....
The Cars "greatest hits"
Crowded House
Sheryl Crow "The Globe Sessions"
The Corrs "Talk on Corners"
Alison Krauss "Forget about it"
Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream"
Semisonic "The Best of..."
Bush "sixteen stone"
Stone Temple Pilots "12 gracious Melodies"
and a Journey greatist hits cd that I can't seem to locate but I thought I had.

This was fun! Suprisingly easy since most of our collection is actually Jason's and stuff I don't care for. Oh and honey we really need to get rid of some of those cd's like the soundtrack to Lion King? Who ever listens to that? LOL (yes I know it was mine) Ryan if I never came to your poker parites I would have no clue about your music picks! I am such an uncultured swine who likes pop music! :)