2006-01-22

Hot Winter - A continuous DJ mix

I finally finished another mix! Here's the setlist.



James Zabiela - Robophobia
John Kelley - Force Ten
Adam Freeland - Heel N Toe (Album Version)
BT - Knowledge of Self
The Crystal Method - Badass
The Nextmen - High Score (Stanton Warriors Remix)
Plump DJs - In Stereo
James Zabiela - Skanksuary
Linus Loves - Stand Back (Young Punx Remix)
The Chemical Brothers - Spring

It feels like this one took forever. I started a few months ago with an idea for a mix that is absolutely nothing like this one. I played around with that one for a few nights when I had time, but one track kept sticking in my mind, begging me to make a mix around it.

I gave in to the robot powers (robot wants to kill me) and started gathering tracks for this mix. Other than Robophobia, I only knew of one other track that absolutely had to be in the mix, and that was Heel n Toe. With those two tracks as my anchors, I spent a few nights playing with various tracks, trying to find something I liked. Iteration after iteration and I'd end up throwing out 2 or 3 tracks and trying some others. During this time, I heard the Stanton Warriors mix of High Score, and of course I had to have that in there! Luckily I found a copy on Amazon, but it took a couple of weeks to arrive, further delaying completion.

Finally, all of the pieces were ready and I had some time this weekend to record the mix, and make that spiffy album art. For your listening pleasure, I present sadida - Hot Winter.

The mix was recorded live, so I'll use that as my excuse for my sucky mixing. I did add 2 samples from a certain movie later on. They are both pretty obvious. First comment to identify them correctly gets a cookie.

2 comments:

Thelonious said...

Very nice. I like what you've done with Heel N Toe.

Thelonious said...

Today on iTMS I picked up "Badass", "In Stereo", "Spring", and "Stand Back". Good stuff.