2004-11-02

Music To Try

Every now and then I get struck by a new musical artist and I find myself seeking out all I can find by them. My latest adventure is Ulrich Schnauss.

Looking back, I guess my first introduction to Mr. Schnauss was Nick Warren's Global Underground 024. I'm a big fan of the Global Underground series. The problem with GUs is that I get so in to the album as a whole, that sometimes I forget to explore the tracks individually. This very thing happened with Ulrich Schnauss.

It wasn't until I fell in love with Track 2 on Disc 2 of Tom Middleton's "The Trip" that I started to take notice. The very next day I was listening to Sasha's "Involver" and found myself really getting in to one track. I checked the iPod display and find, wait for it.... Ulrich Schnauss - On My Own. The perfect storm had formed and I promptly ordered the recently released (in the US anyway) Strangely Isolated Place. I wasn't immediately blown away, but that's usually good. The albums that grow on me are the ones that get played the most.

If you are in to uplifting, sweeping, yet down right groovy electronic music, I recommend you give Ulrich a try.

BTW, I linked to discogs.com in this post. It's a tremendous site and I hope it continues to be successful.

No comments: