2008-01-09

5 of the Now


  • Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye Silversun Pickups - Carnavas - Lazy Eye
    I keep a "next 5otn" list going at all times and post when I get up to 5. Sometimes I have more than 5 and hold one over for the next post. Lazy Eye was waiting patiently for awhile and funny enough, I heard it play while out shopping on Saturday. Apparently these guys are more popular than I thought. I can't decide if I like the original or the Jason Bentley Remix better. You can also check the iTunes Live Session version.

  • Gui Boratto - Terminal
    Gui Boratto has really been tearing it up for me lately. He's only made it into one previous 5otn, but I've been digging plenty of his other stuff. You can buy this from Beatport, but I can't seem to make a link at the moment.

  • Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Jori Hulkkonen Remix) Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' - EP - Bonafied Lovin' (Jori Hulkkonen Remix)
    The original is so cheesy and so awesome. Jori really flips the vibe in the remix. It's a little darker and for that reason I hated the "ohh ohh ohh o"s in the mix. I've since listened to the track over a dozen times and I'm fine with it :) [Myspace] [Video on YouTube]

  • Gui Boratto - Beautiful LifeGui Boratto - This Is... - Beautiful Life
    Just some more Gui Boratto that hooked me

  • Sia - The Girl You Lost to CocaineSia - Some People Have Real Problems - The Girl You Lost to Cocaine
    You're probably used to tracks in my 5otn being being 6 minutes or longer. Well this one isn't even 3 minutes long, so be sure to listen to it three times in a row. You may know Sia from Zero 7's Destiny. This one is a lot more fun and you gotta dig that voice. You should also go read her myspace profile. The YouTube embed is a live performance of the track.



Bonus - Hustler from Simian Mobile Disco was in a previous 5otn. You can get the Skatebard Remix for free from RCRD LBL.

Did I put enough links in this post?

I made good use of the recent iTunes gift card deal at Best Buy and I'm feeling generous so I'm again gifting one of these tracks to the person that leaves the comment I like best. A buck is up for grabs. Fight it out!

No comments: