2007-07-06

StarLytes of Wonder

If we're showing off our old toys, then I'd like to submit this mid-80s gem extracted from my parent's basement.

I have two working LazerTag guns plus sensors. That's all my brother and I ever had. They had cool stuff like rifles and vests, but they were always too expensive for us. That didn't matter though. We spent countless hours running around the neighborhood shooting each other and even more hours setting up target practice and diving around the living room. I can't help but think someone would call 911 on us these days. Juveniles with guns would be the report.

I guess LazerTag is still around, but it ain't the same, ya know? Check out some great history at this LazerTag fan site.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Awesome, lazertag rocked. I actually remember there being incidents with police, even back then, so doubt it would cause issues today.

I was going to say how I had the generic equivalent, called Photon. I was thinking it was basically the GoBot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobots) of lazertag. Lo and behold, it turns out I actually had the original: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_tag

crturboguy said...

I remember playing lazertag in the afterschool program in about 4th grade. It was a blast b/c we'd use different classrooms with the lights off. Ah, good times...

--JOsh