2007-02-20

Watch Now, Not on a Mac



I'm excited because my Netflix account has been enabled with their new Watch Now service. I've been checking daily since the announcement. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I actually did a search on the site for Watch Now and then when I followed the search results it told me my account was now enabled. Perhaps they enable you if you go looking for it?

So, I have it, but I'm pretty limited on how I can use it. First, no Mac support at all. You need Windows and you need Internet Explorer. Firefox isn't supported. Luckily I can boot in to XP through the magic of Boot Camp.


Their auto-detect for speed has me at good quality. I'm on 5Mb DSL for reference.


I love that Netflix added this service for free. More to follow as I put the service through the paces.

No comments: