2008-10-18

5 of the Now


  • DJ Zeph & Azeem - Sunset Scavenger - FrogsDJ Zeph - Frogs
    Nod your head

  • LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver - Someone GreatLCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
    Eventually I'll work my way through their whole catalog as 5otn entries. I think this is the 5th time LCD Soundsystem has made the 5otn. In a parallel universe, I listen to this while drinking coffee outside my last bike messenger drop-off in New York city.

  • Freeez - Freeez Frame! - The Best of Freeez - I.O.U.Freeez - I.O.U.
    What's old is new again. It's so damn catchy. Garish elegance. Sometimes Y!

  • Babe Ruth - Grand Slam - The Best of Babe Ruth - The MexicanBabe Ruth - The Mexican
    Let's take it back...

  • MGMT - Kids (Soulwax Remix)
    Focused chaos. Amazing. Hundreds of shady places to download this one. Can't seem to find an official one.



Bonus - Dexy's Midnight Runners - Too-Rye-Ay - Come on EileenDexy's Midnight Runner - Come on Eileen. I blame Girl Talk for this one. Believe it or not, I have this on vinyl from years and years ago. Girl Talk has planted it in my head, never to be heard the same again.

1 comment:

Jason said...

The Dexy's vinyl is badass. That's one of those songs that you can pull out at any time to make the bar/club go crazy. Just a great energy (which is why it works so great for Girl Talk).

MGMT is one of my favorite new finds (thanks to the 21 soundtrack). I'm digging everything they do.